Aggregation of two 10 Gbit span ports to 1 10 Gbit output with EX2+
This application is normally not possible because the EX2+ has only two 10 Gbit ports and you need 3 to do this job. But we at Cubro give our units some extra features to do this with two ports.
A optical ports has an transmitter and a receiver part, this two “ports” can be used separately in all Cubro NPB. The other feature what you need is the optical tap at the back.
- You must connect the only the TX from the span port with the RX from the EX2+. The TX from the EX2+ are still available.
- One of this TX are used as output to the probe.
- Because of a security feature, an optical interface did not start sending until it receives light on the RX.
- So we use the second TX on the EX2+ to produce this light, (not traffic only layer 1 light)
- In this case we need to light sources because we have two span ports, so we use the optical
TAP to split the light in two and connect this with the RX of the span ports.
Finally you must do a filter input 1 -> output 1 and output 2 -> output 1